Managing IT infrastructure performance is a constant challenge. Galileo’s unique dashboards make it possible for C-level executives and data-center professionals to make informed strategic decisions on performance, capacity and configuration.
With Galileo’s asset tagging capabilities, IT users can more easily than ever connect, shape and quickly visualize data center performance, configuration and capacity issues. And they can do it in infinite ways across complex IT storage, server, database and SAN environments. Galileo asset tagging transfigures visual review and analysis of all assets within your entire IT environment in ways you define to dramatically reduce decision-making times and prevent slowdowns or outages.
Galileo Asset Tagging to Shape Your Visual Data Views
Galileo’s asset tagging is the unique ability for any user to assign a custom (user-defined) label to any asset within an IT environment and then review and manage those assets in the Analytics and Enterprise Dashboards. The following table identifies the types of assets that can be tagged as well as the components within each asset:
Inside either of the dashboards, you search for assets using either a name search or query and select the assets to tag. At its most basic, tagging gives you the ability to view assets grouped by a specific set of user-defined parameters. How you apply the ability to view a set of assets by those attributes will be up to you. The result is the ability to see how a project, a business unit or environment is using a particular set of assets. Being able to see that asset in your user defined context can be invaluable in terms of planning, management, chargeback and much more!
Analytics and Reporting with Asset Tagging – The Possibilities are Virtually Limitless
The application of Galileo asset tags to shape your data views are virtually limitless. A few use cases that follow give you some examples of ways you can benefit from Galileo asset tagging:
- Using either Enterprise or Analytics dashboards, a manager, director or CIO could narrow their performance, configuration or capacity view and/or analysis of assets that belong to a particular project, business unit, division, geography, application, technology, cloud and more.
- Using either Enterprise or Analytics dashboards, a user could benefit from the ability to view performance, capacity or configuration of assets with an “on the fly tag” such as, “today’s problem assets” or assets that they want to monitor more closely for some reason.
- By building intelligence into your tagging schema, you can bring specific focus to your views of the enterprise by using multiple tags to group higher or lower level visual views of the asset associations in Enterprise and Analytics dashboards.
- With asset tagging you can power the Analytics dashboard to target specific technologies and relationships based on what is important to your organization.
- You can use tagging for and tracking of configuration information for chargeback processing, merger acquisition tracking, on lease or off lease and so much more.
Discover. Predict. Prevent. Like Never Before.
As the first cloud SaaS-architected infrastructure performance management suite, Galileo has revolutionized enterprise IT management and analysis. By pulling all data source details together into insightful, dynamic dashboards, Galileo users can benefit from informed strategic decisions. Galileo performs like a crystal ball into your IT environment, dramatically reducing decision-making times and preventing slowdowns or outages.