Utilization of the cloud has become an essential element of business processes in every industry, and the proof is in the investments. The vast majority of companies are increasing their cloud technology spend. Cloud implementation are a top priority for IT teams, followed closely by optimizing ROI and ensuring security.
However migrating data and infrastructure to the cloud is more complex than project stakeholders initially realize. It’s not just about moving assets over to the new environment; those involved in the migration must also understand capacity and performance needs during planning and execution. One of the best ways to manage the initiative is with the support of a comprehensive, vendor-agnostic infrastructure monitoring solution such as Galileo Performance Explorer.
A cloud migration raises a number of important questions for stakeholders:
- How does the current IT infrastructure function? How will this change after the migration is complete?
- Which assets should be migrated to the new cloud environment? How can this take place with minimal impact to daily operations and performance?
- Which cloud option provides the best technology advantages at an optimal price?
Galileo can help you make the best decisions about these pressing migration considerations and provide the virtual roadmap for a successful move to the cloud.
Supporting prosperous cloud initiatives
Infrastructure performance monitoring solutions are an essential tool for supporting a successful migration proceeding. Stakeholders should guide their efforts with the following steps:
- Monitor the current infrastructure: Utilizing the historical data and understanding the peaks and valleys of demand and usage are crucial the migration process. Ideally, stakeholders should look to gather a year’s worth of data or more, but even a 30-day snapshot can be incredibly insightful for expedited migration plans.
- Virtually group environments and assets: Leverage Galileo’s intuitive Tag Manager feature to virtually categorize the assets that will be transferred to the new environment. This strategic capability offers crucial metrics including utilization, CPU capacity, I/O performance and other valuable intel allocated to each asset.
- Explore options: Project leaders can then utilize their virtual asset groups to guide discussions with potential cloud service providers. At this point in the process, it also imperative to review details regarding each providers’ performance guarantee.
- Try it out: Consider taking advantage of any offered short-term trials. With Galileo’s vendor-agnostic, SaaS design, it can be used to monitor each trial and provide intuitive analytics about each vendor experience.
- Cost and benefits analysis: Galileo Performance Explorer provides IT teams with the drilled-down detail they require to make the best decision for their organization.
- Migrate and admire: With Galileo supporting the planning process, executing the migration is simple and streamlined, and key stakeholders can be confident the performance of their their new cloud environment after project completion.
What do our customers say?
Galileo’s IT dashboards act as a crystal ball across our IT enterprise. We’ve already dramatically reduced our decision-making time.
We are better able to defer new storage hardware purchases and balance our storage needs across what we already own.
At a high-level view, I can see the entire enterprise at a glance. Galileo’s Enterprise Dashboard is shaping the data for me, showing me what to drill down on and what to look at.