Mergers & Acquisitions
Mergers & Acquisitions
The consolidation of two or more business entities through a merger or acquisition can come with considerable complexities, particularly associated with combining critical IT infrastructures. As stakeholders work to create a new company that is greater than the sum of its parts, they must ensure that they have the right tools for the job.
Supporting the necessary tasks for a successful merger or acquisition requires in-depth insights into key infrastructure systems, such as each entity’s servers, databases, storage, SAN and cloud environments.
What to consider during a merger or acquisition
Galileo Performance Explorer, a best-in-class infrastructure performance monitoring tool, has long been a trusted tool for merging companies looking to streamline the combination of existing IT assets. Through the use of Galileo’s solution, stakeholders can answer pressing questions like:
- How much capacity is being used by each system or environment currently and how much is available?
- Which organization has the newest and most effective IT equipment?
- Which key assets will be critical when into the new entity’s infrastructure?
- What type of utilization trends might impact migration or future use?
Galileo Performance Explorer provides the metrics and actionable insights needed to spot any performance issues, prevent outages and downtime and successfully navigate the complex processes of a merger or acquisition.
Roadmap for successful mergers and acquisitions
Here are a few key steps to incorporate into your plans for an upcoming merger or acquisition:
- Monitor each company’s existing IT environment: Ahead of transitioning any assets to the combined infrastructure, both companies should monitor their existing assets. Ideally, monitoring will already be in place and stakeholders can leverage historical data to support the process. However, a 30-day snapshot of the business being acquired can provide key insights as well.
- Virtually consolidate key assets: Galileo’s Tag Manager tool allows decision-makers and IT admins to virtually identify and group the assets being combined from both entities to get the best sense of how consolidated workloads will perform. No guesswork necessary, and no surprises after assets have been combined.
- Ask and answer key questions to support your plan: Galileo’s intuitive dashboards and granular analytical data offer the insights stakeholders need to answer the important questions described above, and support their merger and acquisition planning.
- Move and monitor: Galileo enables decision-makers and IT leaders to monitor the condition and performance of key systems and assets as they are moved into the new, combined infrastructure. This prevents any performance problems and ensures that users can leverage platforms and applications as efficiently as possible.
Galileo Performance Explorer helps streamline some of the most complicated parts of a merger or acquisition, while providing IT admins and decision-makers with the insights they need to support their most important IT solutions.
What do our customers say?
Before Galileo, we had multiple monitoring tools, and none were capable of monitoring every single asset that we have. We weren’t able to accurately measure because our tools were all over the place.
Now we have all of the information we need in one spot, which is pretty cool.
Galileo’s IT dashboards act as a crystal ball across our IT enterprise. We’ve already dramatically reduced our decision-making time.
We are better able to defer new storage hardware purchases and balance our storage needs across what we already own.