- What is our positioning on monitoring Hyper V? Can we monitor the OS/Windows server? Do we monitor anything else?
- Hyper V supports both Linux and Windows guests, just like VMware. Galileo supports the guests and groups them together with tagging to view as a whole or at the Hyper V group level.
1) we would install our Windows/Linux agents on the Hyper-V Guests
2) then Tag Guests/OS in Tag Manager (Hyper-V Tag)
3) View (Hyper-V Tag) group in Core – Will show grouped metrics of all Guests running on the Hyper-V server
4) Or view individual Guests/OS in Core
- Is there every a plan to have an Hyper-V agent?
- Has not been a plan to support Hyper V to date, never had a request
- Lastly, what is the difference between Hyper-V and VMware? Are they different ways to Virtualize servers/competitors?
- Both are similar as virtualized solutions for Windows and Linux guests. I believe Hyper V is free or much cheaper then VMware. But VMware continues to be King Kong in the virtualized Space. VMware has about 70% of the market vs 8% for Hyper V.